Here at Grand Oak, we are Millboard approved installation specialists. We are proud to be part of a nationwide network of approved Millboard resellers and installers. For more information about this or anything else, just get in touch today.
We offer a wide range of landscaping services. Take a look below at just a few in more detail.
Decking areas can be constructed using a number of different materials. For example: Wooden Boards, Wooden Frame, Composite Boards, Plas pro Frame, Aluminium Frame, Soft wood etc.
The process of constructing a decking area involves:
- Clearing the chosen area to begin with
- Make sure there is a firm base to start constructing on
- Either wooden, composite or aluminium frame is built
-To which either composite or wooden decking boards are measured, cut and fixed into position (There are various colours and finishes available).
There are a huge variety of paving slabs available depending on the look you are thinking of and the budget you are working to. Have a look at some of our project photos to help you decide.
The process of laying a paved area involves:
- Digging down to required depth
- Type 1 aggregate applied to whole area to appropriate depth and flattened with a wacker plate to create a firm base
- Chosen slabs are laid with a SBR covering applied to the back on a full bed of sharp sand and cement base approx. 40mm depth
- Appropriate grouting/pointing is then applied to the joints to finish.
Fed up of muddy foot prints, patchy grass, mowing the lawn etc., then maybe artificial grass is worth your consideration?
The laying process consists of the following:
- Dig out to required depth
- Membrane applied and layer of Type 1 aggregate to required depth before being wacker plated firmly into place.
- Concrete haunching positioned around the entire perimeter.
- 1-4mm Limestone screened across the whole area.
- Chosen grass is laid, joined and fixed into position before being brushed up with our motorised brush.
Remember artificial lawns are lower maintenance than natural turf but they do still require some maintenance throughout the year to keep them looking at their best.
Love wildlife and the smell of freshly mown grass, then natural good quality turf is the way to go.
The laying process involves:
- Digging out to desired depth
- Apply a top soil layer over area which is screened to level
- The turf is then laid.
Remember natural turf is a living thing and requires maintenance all year round to keep it at its best.
Fencing choices are extensive, here are just a few options, all coming in different sizes and designs:
- Closeboard fencing
- Wooden or Concrete gravel boards
- Wooden or concrete posts
- Fence panels
- Picket style fencing
- Iron fencing or gates
- Wooden gates
For individual requirements please get in touch to arrange for a free, no obligation quote.
- Digging down to approx. 250mm
- Laying a base of Type 1 aggregate (depth of approx. 150mm) which is then wacker plated to create a firm flat base
- 30-50mm depth of sharp sand is laid and screened across the area
- The chosen driveway blocks are then laid in position
- Kiln dried sand or alternative is brushed over the blocks and the whole area is wacker plated to lock the blocks into position
(A whole range
of colour and style options are available, so please enquire using the form below).
Take a look at a few photos of projects we have completed.
Click on the photos below to enlarge and for more information.
Thank you Jamie for taking on the mammoth task of hedge cutting. Made a nice job, friendly service and disposed of all the green waste. Elderberry tree next on the list!
Mr M. S - North Swindon
Grand Oak Gardening gives great service! Would recommend to everyone :) thanks!
Ms B. E.
Mr D - North Swindon
Mr S. D